Pages

Monday, May 01, 2017

Spending too much time on your blog appearance?


I fret over the appearance of my blog's theme if it is built on wordpress platform. The lack of coding knowledge used to make me frustrated if I can't make my blog appear as wanted to. The story is very different now.

Oh no, I don't mean that I have learnt php to tweak my blog's theme; only I stopped bothering about it ever since 80% of visitors use mobile devices to browse. When you view sites on your mobile phones, you really don't get to view the full version of it as you view in a desktop-right?

In addition, people don't search for 'good looking' blogs or sites to visit! 

All you bother about the quality of the content; if it solves a problem, then it means you have published top quality content and is likely to go viral in the social media. In addition, you have booked that visitor for repeat visits to your blog.

However, I have a feeling advertisers would still insist on a good looking theme for approval of placing their banners on your website. In the desktop viewing, the banners-irrespective of the size or the place where they are inserted are more visible. This is not possible when viewed on mobile devices.

Is there a way to overcome this odd impediment?

I am of the opinion that a blog basically is not a commercial or professional site. It is more of the personal nature. In this context, I believe and operate my blog on a personal level and I of course grab any opportunity to make it commercial on a micro level.

Thus, I don't think I need to fret over its appearance.

Image via: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBqZPc65X-KQzgVJI1B1Go1coRHSleo5waS57JZl81cS_YL3eulnY9oZne





Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: